Wednesday 1 February 2012

[Review] No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Dry / Very Dry Skin

Oooh lah lah, my first review! ^^
No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Dry / Very Dry Skin gives rich, intensive hydration to instantly nourish, energise and smooth for flawless make-up application.

No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream is the second and final step to complete your Beautiful Skin routine, through perfect moisturisation. With three formulations to suit every skin type, Beautiful Skin Day Creams lavish skin with TLC to hydrate, energise and balance.

With the added protective power of SPF15 and 5★UVA technology, the multitasking moisturisers help skin fight the harmful effects of the sun and keep you looking as young as possible. There’s also a range of night creams for every skin type, too, for truly tailored skin nutrition 24 hours a day.

RRP £12.50


Review:

The packaging was a simple design which looked like it was going for functionality rather than something that would look pretty on your shelf. I like the pastel colours on the box and product jar.


The consistency of the cream was medium: not too thick, but not runny either. Personally, I prefer my creams with a heavier consistency as I tend to associate that with a higher emollient content and with a higher degree of luxury. There was also a slight floral fragrance, but nothing too overpowering.

Upon application, the cream felt light, non greasy and was quickly absorbed by my skin. My skin felt softer, smoother and even glowed, but there were still a few dry patches on my lower face that meant I had to re-apply the cream two or three times (and even added my own moisturiser on top). My cheeks and upwards are less dry than my lower face so one application of the cream was enough.


I have been using this for the last couple of days! It's softening effects survive the strong air conditioning unit in our lab, lasting until the afternoon and only then do I feel as though I need to re-moisturise. Can't test the SPF 15 effects right now since it's going to be a looong time before we get any sunshine here! -_-"

Finally, in terms of price, at £12.50 this is one of the more expensive high street day creams on the market. Boots give out £5 vouchers for their No 7 range every now and then, so I got mine with one of those! ^_^

Rating: 3.5/5

Yishi xxx

5 comments:

  1. It's just a shame that it's in a jar :/ would have been better if it was a pump or tube ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's true ~ I guess a pump or tube would be more hygienic and also allow you to control how much you want to get out!

      Delete
    2. This is a great first review, very informative and I liked how you described the product really well. And it's really nice to read another british blog. It's such a let down when you read a product recommendation or review and it doesn't even exist in england, but I know for sure that the products you'll be reviewing are easily obtainable for me too!

      Delete
  2. Great first review! :'D
    I was looking for skincare products for my mother, and this seems pretty nice, considering how she has really dry skin. uvu
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't had the best experience with no.7 products but i do like their wipes ^^

    ReplyDelete