Sunday 29 January 2012

[Haul] Boots, shorts, and super sensitive skincare

This is going to be an uber post of the things that I have bought in the last few days, starting with Friday when I came across a really cute pair of shorts from Bay that were sitting in a thrift store just waiting for me to buy them:


I've been trying out a few looks with them, and so far I really love wearing them with a white tank top, black leggings, heeled boots and long necklace ~ when I get a new camera I'll try to take a few outfit photos. Even though they are out of season, I've been wanting a striped pair like them for ages now so could not resist!


Next up is a pair of heeled winter boots that I got in the Office sale today. If you haven't been there already then you are definitely missing out since they had a sale where their flats and heels were £12 or less! Unfortunately this sale ended today but the salespeople told me that you will be able to find them online.

Now, onto the cosmetics:


Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips (to get rid of blackheads)
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (a cleanser for super dry skin)
Nivea Daily Essentials Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes
No. 7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream (for dry or very dry skin)
MUA Makeup Academy Professional Eye Primer

I never used to think much about taking care of the skin on my face until I started to read beauty blogs ~ my skin was always super dry but moisturiser and sleep would usually do the trick. I figured that right now, things were fine so why bother to put effort in? But since prevention is better than cure, I've now decided to take an active interest in the maintenance of my skin, so will hopefully be doing a few reviews on some of the products that I've purchased, especially the dry skin products since I haven't seen that many skin care reviews that are for people with extra dry skin.

The lady that I spoke to at Boots was also kind enough to give me some free samples of a skin recovery cream from French company Avene:


Sorry about the slightly blurry photo!

Again, these are targeted towards super sensitive and dry skin, and are used as moisturisers after cleansing. Can't wait to try them out! :D

Yishi xxx

4 comments:

  1. Those shorts look so cute! :'D
    You should do a coordination with them! c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, and yup, definitely will do once I get a new camera! ^^

      Delete
  2. Avene is actually part of Shiseido :P

    ReplyDelete